Norman, OK - May 17, 2016 — Weather risk and analytics leader Weather Decision Technologies®, Inc. (WDT) announces that PJM Interconnection has contracted with the company to utilize SkyWise® ESRI® Map Services. PJM will utilize WDT’s full suite of SkyWise ESRI Map Services to visualize and monitor various weather and data layers in real-time within the company’s existing custom mapping solution, helping to prepare for and mitigate weather risk to its mission critical operations.
SkyWise empowers web, mobile, GIS, Software as a Service (SaaS), Common Operating Picture developers, and data scientists with the ability to tap into a substantial catalog of weather analytics and information for integration within their products. Through ESRI Web Services, PJM Interconnection will incorporate past, present, and future weather information and analytics.
With SkyWise data services, organizations can:
- Access a catalog of easy-to-use API’s to offer both real time and historic weather information
- Interrogate and visualize high-resolution rainfall data (QPE) to assist with operation-based decision making
- Utilize the industry’s leading radar solution with five-minute updates and extreme detail
- Create stunning temperature contours and wind animations using WDT’s proprietary modeling output
- Tap into our exclusive patented alerting capability when specific user-defined weather thresholds are met
More information about SkyWise data services from WDT can be found at http://wdtinc.com/weather-data-developers
About Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. (WDT)
Headquartered in Norman, Oklahoma, U.S. Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. (WDT) provides organizations with weather analytics and decision support on a global scale. The company utilizes big data solutions to develop and provide weather analytics such as hazardous weather detection and prediction, high resolution forecasts, decision analytics, content for mobile apps as well as interactive mapping. WDT employs the world-renowned WeatherOps forecast team, staffed by experts who provide global asset protection and commodities trading decision support. Be it asset protection, positioning of goods and services ahead of weather or as response to weather, or simply warning the general public of impending adverse weather, WDT has a product to fit any need.
WDT maintains operational offices in Norman, Oklahoma and Houston, Texas.